Benefits of Ice cubes for skin and health
Are you pissed off by the prolonging heat wave in your city? Or are you pissed because of over stress? What ever might be the reason, I’ve come up with a commendable ingredient to heal all your issues. The divine ingredient is the Ice cube.
When you’re spending most of the time with laptops, hanging always on the phone, or sleeping late nights, too much work at the office, late night parties, all these can increase your body stress levels. Also, during summers when you’re unable to bear the scorching sun’s heat you feel like to flee away from the city to some cool places.
Ice cubes give instant relief from all these issues. They have got a massive number of beauty and health benefits. Rubbing ice cube is an old technique instead rubbing ice cubes with a mix of juices is the contemporary vogue. Doing so they’re two benefits, 1. Alleviates the problem and 2. Provide cooling effect to the skin.
So, stick around to know the health and beauty benefits of ice cubes.
Beauty benefits of Ice cube
- Dehydration – Summer heat will dehydrate the face thereby leaves a dull and sagging skin. In such cases, rub an ice cube on your face. This gives instant relief and cooling effect.
- Skin stretches – Again, when the skin lacks hydration then skin stretches. The red coloured stretch marks will form on the skin. So, when ever you feel dehydrated, either drink cool water or rub an ice cube all over the face.
- Bye to oily skin – Oil is being trapped when you rub the face with an ice cube.
- Dark circles – When you spend much time with laptops or phones and if you have the habit of sleeping at late nights you will definitely be prone to “dark circles”. Rub ice cubes by mixing with cucumber juice every day. You’ll never see dark circles there after.
- Dead skin – Rubbing ice cubes will open up the clogged pores and remove the dead skin cells completely.
- No acne problem – This is a good news for the people suffering the acne problem. If you rub an ice cube mixed with aloe vera or tomato then the acne will decrease and also the acne breakouts due to oil will vanish very soon.
- Radiant complexion – When you mix fruit juices and let it freeze and then, rub the face with them. It adds glow and whitens the skin.
- Blackheads – The easiest way to remove the blackheads is to rub an ice cube over them.
- Sunburns – Ice cubes are the best ingredients to treat a sunburnt skin. Wrap an ice cube in a cloth and rub all over the sun burnt skin. It heals the pain and inflammation real soon.
- Blood circulation – Better blood circulation will give healthy and naturally glowing skin. Rubbing an ice cube on the face will help in good blood flow.
- Skin problems – As rubbing ice cube will promote good blood flow, the skin will get healthier without ageing and without producing wrinkles.
Health benefits of ice cube
- Stress Buster – On a power packed day, ice cubes gives instant relief and cooling effect. Not just that, when you hang on the phones and laptops for longer periods your eyes feel stressed. Then wrap an ice cube in a cloth and rub it over the eyes. It soothes and leaves a cooling effect.
- A headache – Ice cubes are the best pain relief when you have a headache. Place a cool cloth covering the head or wrap some ice cubes in a cloth and dab on the head. It’s the best way to alleviate the pain rather than using a tablet.
- Eye problems – Stress can bring on eye bags, puffy eyes, and swollen eyes. Eliminate them by pouring the juice of cucumber onto the ice tray and freeze. Lastly, rub the cucumber ice cubes over the eyes.
- Reduce swelling – Treat the swollen areas like either legs, hands, eyes or any parts of the body with ice cubes because it drains out the fluid which is built in the tissues.
- Alleviates tooth ache – This is probably the most annoying problem. When you suck on the cubes or dab them on the aching tooth or gums, you will get an instant relief.
Side effects of ice cube
- While you’re having a bad throat do not drink juices with ice cubes. It may get more intense.
- Ice cubes are not at all good for people who have tonsils. Reduce the consumption of ice cubes as far as possible.
- Don’t rub the ice cubes for a longer time on the skin. It may have adverse effects.
- Sometimes when you rub the ice cubes directly on the skin it may cause redness or clogged pores.
- Do not use more than two ice cubes.
So, what are you waiting for? Quickly grab some ice cubes and enjoy the cooling effect. Don’t feel paranoid about the side effects of ice cubes. They will work wonders on the skin if you use ice cubes for less time.
Also, try using the cubes differently by pouring fruit juice onto the ice tray and then rubbing them on the face.
Thumbnail Image courtesy of Flickr